Friday 30 November 2012

November Foodie Pen Pals

FPP post Foodie Penpals

I can't believe this is my fourth month as a Foodie Pen Pal! So far my experience has be amazing. I've loved putting together packages for other people and getting to know people through their favourite foods, all while tasting some delicious treats from all across the country! I know you all want to sign up now, so go here! (Please note: FPP is doing things a little differently for December and focusing on charity, so no pen pal matches will be made for the month. Things resume as usual for January.)

This month I was paired with Kendall from TheGreenCat. From the very first email she sent me I was extra excited about the match. In her words "we are crazy similar" and she has such a warm, welcoming personality, so we connected right off the bat. I just knew my fellow Crazy Cat Lady would send something amazing.

Kendall sent me this great box of goodies! Look at all that good stuff!








First up, are some cocoa nibs!







Next, a sweet and salty bar with peanuts (my favourite!!) and sesame snaps, which I can't eat, but my brother was super excited to get his hands on!

 


She also sent a Camino hazelnut butter bar (so, so good) and raspberry licorice. She also sent low-sodium miso soup, which I forgot to take a picture of because I ate it for lunch right away (soup is so good when you're under the weather!).




 



Finally, there were some homemade brownies, which are delicious and vegan crumble, complete with the recipe so I can make more when I eat this all up.







Thanks, Kendall! I loved, loved, loved everything you sent! And getting to know you was an extra special bonus!

Still not convinced you should join? Here's more information about the program straight from The Lean Green Bean herself:

Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!

***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment