First up was a vegetarian soup mix. I'm the kind of strange person who gets hit with at least one really bad cold and flu during the summer, so this will come in handy!
She also sent red pepper jelly (which I've never tried before and am happy to tell you I liked!) and some dressing that will perfect for summer salads with spinach and walnuts!
I loved that Michelle also sent two treats for me - mint flavoured dark chocolate from a local shop (I loved, loved, loved this!) and chocolate covered pretzels! Even though everything in the box was great, I love salty-sweet so the pretzels were my favourite part of the package :)
Thank you, Michelle! You made my May great!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.