Wednesday 31 October 2012

October Foodie PenPals!

This was my third month participating in the Foodie Pen Pals program created by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean. I've had so much fun doing this! If you want to meet new people and try some new treats, sign up here.

This month I sent a package to Sarah. I received a really great package from Kathryn.

Kathryn is from Vancouver so my package was full of lots of yummy things from the Granville Island market. I loved the added touch of using a brochure from Granville Island as packing material. This was such a special package!



These apple chips were so delicious. They were the perfect snack while I was waiting for a birthday cake to bake!


My package also had masala chai spices in it. I can't wait to use these!


It wasn't all healthy though. Kathryn also sent a pumpkin shaped dark chocolate lollipop from Roger's Chocolates. I'm not usually a fan of plain dark chocolate but this was really good. If I'm ever in Vancouver I'm definitely going to Roger's Chocolates! The note she wrote me was on a little card from the chocolate shop, too. Kathryn really made this package scream Granville Island with every little detail :)


 And finally, the best part. Homemade peach jam! I love jam and the homemade stuff is always better than anything you buy in stores, but every time I think of making some of my own I decide it's just too much work (and I don't trust myself not to kill anybody). So Kathryn's homemade jam was a wonderful surprise!



Thanks for all the delicious goodies and the special way you packaged them, Kathryn! You're awesome :)


 FPP post Foodie Penpals

Want to know more about the program? Here's the info, straight from Lindsay:
  -On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!

***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

2 comments:

  1. I participated for the first time this month. It was really fun receiving my pen pal's package.
    Looks like you received a terrific package of goodies.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great program isn't it? Kathryn did a great job with my pakcage :)

    ReplyDelete