Friday 10 August 2012

Paula Deen's Double Fudge Bread Pudding

 One of the side effects of unemployment has turned out to be an unhealthy relationship with the Food Network. On the plus side, I get to watch some pretty great chefs make some pretty delicious food (like Anna Olson's Sticky Bun French Toast) and I don't have to wait to try them out. The recipe that caught my attention today was Paula Deen's Double Fudge Bread Pudding (recipe can be found here). It's a rainy, chilly day so what could be better than a comforting plate of cinnamon-y, chocolaty, warm bread pudding? So less than ten minutes after watching the episode, I found the recipe online and made my own.

First, I cut up some bread and put it in an oven-safe dish.

Then, I mixed sugar, brown sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a large bowl.


Then I added eggs and vanilla.


Finally, melt some chopped chocolate in boiling milk and cream and whisk this into the egg and sugar mixture before pouring the whole thing over your bread pieces.



The hardest part of the whole recipe was being patient enough to wait an hour for the bread pudding to chill before baking.

I served the bread pudding warm with a dollop of freshly whipped cream (the recipe calls for a chocolate version, but I stuck with the more traditional whipped cream to help balance the chocolate in the bread pudding).

No comments:

Post a Comment